Things Rolan did not know about playing the violin:
1) Before ever touching a real violin, you learn to play on a cardboard violin with a stick.
2) You have to listen to a CD of violin music every day (it's called the Suzuki Method).
3) There is etiquette for how you stand and hold the violin.
4) When you finally get to test the bow on the real thing, it will make NO sound if there is not enough rosin on the bow.
5) When the summer semester is over, you will be able to recognize the sounds of notes and play the "Train" song.
6) After 2 years of asking for a violin, one semester of violin lessons was ENOUGH.
If you are interested in the great special offered December/January, check out this post for details.
Close To My Heart Independent Consultant
6325 Bayberry Ave., Manheim, PA 17545