Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Mother's Love is Poison Ivy

OK so I just have to say wouldn't we just do anything for our kids.  If you don't have kids, then your family.  So this weekend we went hiking with our three boys and I am severely allergic to poison ivy.  Of course the trails were lined with it about 2 feet high, which is fine for the older boys.  You just tell them not to touch it, but what about my 2 year old.  He stumbles along the narrow path picking up every rock along the way and his little figure is the perfect height for all that poison.  So needless to say throughout the hike, he needed to rest and mommy would offer him a piggy back ride.  I figured even if he is exposing me to poison, I'll just go home and shower.  Apparently if exposed it works best to shower immediately.  By the time we got home, it was too late.  Where his cute little arms were wrapped around my neck during the ride on my back, I now have poison.  But the funny thing is knowing that I will get poison on our next hike, I will still give my sweet boy a piggy back ride.  Can anyone relate?  I did learn one thing from this whole experience I will not be asking my hubby to help me apply the calamine lotion ever again.  I think the picture explains it all.
Don't miss out on the great special this month, buy 2 stamp sets, get 1 free!  Check out the special tab above for more details.
Nickie Hoffer
Close To My Heart Independent Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment