Sunday, February 24, 2013

Baby Shower Party Favors

So I am in love with the look of mercury glass.  So I thought how cute would it be for each guest to get a faux mercury glass votive for the baby shower.  I got the idea from Pinterest.  Check out one of the tutorials here.  It was rather simple.  I might do a few more  coats to make it more opague next time.  Here's what you need: spray bottle with water, paper tape and grocery bags, votives, and Krylon Looking Glass Spray.  Please note you will probably have to order the spray online, but I found the cheapest place to get it was Ace Harware and if you have one locally, they ship free to your store.  It was nearly half price compared to anywhere else.

 Any old glass will do
Before
 After with a candle
 After without a candle

I can't wait to go to the local thift shop and get more glass!!!  If you are not a perfectionist, you really can't mess this up. 
Nickie Hoffer
Close To My Heart Independent Consultant
www.ctmh.com/nickiehoffer
livescraplove@gmail.com
717-665-0544

No comments:

Post a Comment