Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Festivities

My son has a passion for creating things.  He voiced a strong desire to have a haunted house this year and create all these intense items.  We don't want to make such a huge deal out of Halloween, so we came up with a compromise.  We made some items together and decorated the house for a Fall Costume party for our couple's bible study.  Here is what we came up with.  Sorry for the late post, but if you have paid attention to any of my other posts, you would know I have my hands full right now.



 We made three sets of these scary eyes with frames, glow in the dark glitter, black glitter and glue.  I found the template here on Martha Stewart's site.
I love these creepy critters as well.  The same site above gives a template to cut out, but Martha sells them pre-cut at Michael's for $5.99.  No party would be complete without bats and spiders galore, so we had them too.  We had a glow in the dark hunt, where I hid creatures around the house and the children ran around with flashlights trying to find them. Lastly we made glitter pumpkins.  The hardest thing was accepting that when 17 kids do it, it may not look as nice as when Martha did it.  Here's a photo of all the children! Thanks for looking!
Nickie Hoffer
Close To My Heart Independent Consultant
6325 Bayberry Ave., Manheim, PA 17545
717-665-0544

No comments:

Post a Comment